Description: TO AMEND H.R. 11771 BY REDUCING FUNDS FOR EMERGENCY MILITARY ASSISTANCE FOR CAMBODIA BY $100 MILLION.
Bill summary: Foreign Assistance and Related Programs Appropriations Act -
Title I: Foreign Assistance Act Activities
- Makes appropriations for fiscal year 1974 for economic, military, and Indochina Postwar Reconstruction Assistance.
States that no part of such appropriations may go to Ecuador (except at Presidential discretion), to North Vietnam, or to South Vietnam if used for support of police or prison construction or administration.
Title II: Foreign Military Credit Sales
- Makes appropriations to
enable the President to carry out the Foreign Military Sales Act.
Title III: Foreign Assistance
- Makes appropriations for the Peace Corps; assistance to refugees in the United States; investment in the Asian Development Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the International Development Association.
Title IV: Emergency Security Assistance and Disaster Relief Assistance
- Makes authorizations for emergency assistance to Israel, Cambodia, Pakistan, Africa's Sahel region, and Nicaragua.
Title V: Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Prescribes expenditures for such bank.
Title VI: General Provisions
- States that no part of any appropriations in this Act may be used for publicity or propaganda purposes within the United States not previously authorized by Congress.
Click to hide full description.
Bill titles: A bill making appropriations for foreign assistance and related programs for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1974, and for other purposes.
Original source documents: Digest of the Congressional Record vol. 119-194, p. H11129;
Links for more info on the vote: congress.gov