Clerk session vote number: 379
Description: AGRICULTURE APPROPRIATIONS FOR F.Y. 1993
Bill summary: Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1993 -
Title I: Agricultural Programs
- Appropriates funds for FY 1993 for the following programs and services: (1) Office of the Secretary of Agriculture; (2) Office of the Deputy Secretary of Agriculture; (3) Office of Budget and Program Analysis; (4) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration; (5) Departmental Administration; (6) Office of the Assistant Secretary for
Congressional Relations; (7) Office of Public Affairs; (8) Office of the Inspector General; (9) Office of the General Counsel; (10) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Economics; (11) Economic Research Service; (12) National Agricultural Statistics Service; (13) World Agricultural Outlook Board; (14) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Science and Education; (15) Agricultural Research Service; (16) Cooperative State Research Service; (17) Extension Service; (18) National Agricultural Library; (19) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Marketing and Inspection Services; (20) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service; (21) Food Safety and Inspection Service; (22) Federal Grain Inspection Service; (23) Agricultural Cooperative Service; (24) Agricultural Marketing Service; (25) Packers and Stockyards Administration; (26) Office of the Under Secretary for International Affairs and Commodity Programs; (27) Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service; (28) Federal Crop Insurance Corporation; and (29) Commodity Credit Corporation Fund.
Title II: Conservation Programs
- Appropriates funds for: (1) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Natural Resources and Environment; (2) Soil Conservation Service; and (3) Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service.
Title III: Farmers Home and Rural Development Programs
- Appropriates funds for: (1) Office of the Under Secretary for Small Community and Rural Development; (2) Farmers Home Administration; (3) Rural Electrification Administration; and (4) Rural Development Administration.
Title IV: Domestic Food Programs
- Appropriates funds for: (1) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Food and Consumer Services; (2) Food and Nutrition Service, including the Food Stamp Program; and (3) Human Nutrition Information Service.
Title V: Foreign Assistance and Related Programs
- Appropriates funds for: (1) Foreign Agricultural Service; (2) Public Law 480 Program Account; and (3) Office of International Cooperation and Development.
Title VI: Related Agencies and Food and Drug Administration
- Appropriates funds for: (1) Food and Drug Administration; (2) Farm Credit System Financial Assistance Corporation; (3) Commodity Futures Trading Commission; and (4) Farm Credit Administration.
Title VII: General Provisions
- Specifies certain uses and limits on or prohibitions against the use of funds appropriated by this Act.
Prohibits the use of funds made available by this Act to carry out: (1) a Market Promotion Program in excess of specified limits; or (2) the Agricultural Resource Conservation Demonstration Program.
Prohibits the use of funds made available by this Act to enroll additional Wetlands Reserve Program or Conservation Reserve Program acres.
Click to hide full description.
Bill titles: Making appropriations for Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies programs for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1993, and for other purposes.
Links for more info on the vote: congress.gov